The magnificent salt cave in Aktyor Health Resort is one of the main features of our constantly developing medical base.
Regular visits to the salt cave for several days will help improve health for people suffering from such chronic diseases as bronchial asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory diseases, hypertension, skin diseases, joint diseases, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Indications for halotherapy
There are a lot of indications for halotherapy. The main purpose of such sessions is the recovery of the respiratory system, cardiovascular and nervous systems of man.
Recommended list of indications for procedures in salt caves:
- Preventive measures to prevent catarrhal diseases: frequent acute respiratory infections and acute respiratory infections, pneumonia, bronchitis of different severity, etc .;
- Treatment of ENT diseases: chronic sinusitis and frontal sinuses, enlarged tonsils and adenoids, their chronic inflammatory processes;
Treatment of asthmatic conditions: pre asthma, syndrome of smoker’s bronchitis, recurrent tracheobronchitis, and, of course, bronchial asthma;
- Reduction of possible complications at the initial stages of colds, such as false croup or bronchospasm. Halotherapy in these cases can reduce the viscosity of sputum, improve its separation and reduce edema of the mucous membranes, thereby alleviating the symptoms, eliminating choking and increasing the patency of the bronchi;
- Allergic conditions: allergies of various etiologies, including allergic dermatitis and rhinitis;
- Skin lesions, including atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, specimens and pustules on skin, acne and hypersecretion of the sebaceous glands;
- For recovery in the field of cosmetology – halotherapy sessions remove the inflammatory process;
- In diseases of the cardiovascular system: ischemia, angina, hypo- and hypertension. Effectively visiting the salt caves during the recovery from a heart attack or stroke;
- In the case of neurotic and neurosis-like conditions: phobias, fears, insomnia, unreasonable anxious thoughts and fears. Influencing the vegetative system of man, the salt air contributes to its normalization in the psychoemotional aspect;
- Prevention of diseases associated with environmental pollution. Areas in which harmful industries are located or when a person does not have a stable work schedule, for example, if necessary, go to night shifts, salt caves will help to cope with psychoemotional stress, clean air will relieve fatigue and will have a positive impact on the congested nervous system.
Contraindications for halotherapy
Contraindications for halotherapy are few, but they need to be taken into account, because visiting salt caves in the presence of chronic or infectious diseases, especially during an exacerbation or relapse, will only exacerbate the situation. In addition, it is important to know about the possible individual intolerance of saline aerosol.
The main contraindications for halotherapy are:
- Active stage of tuberculosis;
- Malignant neoplasms;
- Infections before the end of the isolation period;
- Diseases with complications in the form of serious suppuration;
- Period of exacerbation of blood diseases;
- Bleeding of any origin and localization;
- The entire period of pregnancy;
Before the start of halotherapy course, it is necessary to consult the attending physician to clarify the indications and contraindications for such a procedure.